What supplies will I need for my class/workshop?
- Listed under the workshop page on The Art Distillery website is our upcoming workshop lineup. Each workshop has its own supplies list readily available in a flyout menu.
Does The Art Distillery sell art supplies?
- Yes, we have a small selection of art supplies for those last-minute needs. Most of the time we are stocked with a variety of canvas panels, charcoal, newsprint pads, Permalba white oil paint, and coming soon…Gamblin’s Gamsol and Solvent-Free Gel. In addition, we do sell individual folding metal easels that work good for plein air painting.
What is The Art Distillery’s cancellation policy for workshops?
- After 48 hours, your workshop deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel within 30 days of a workshop, your entire paid fees are non-refundable. All policies are listed online at https://www.theartdistillery.com/policies/
Is The Art Distillery equipped with WiFi?
- Yes, please feel free to bring a mobile device with you to the studio. Our WiFi is password protected, please ask a staff member for the password.
Do I need to bring my own easel to the workshop?
- The Art Distillery has about a dozen studio easels, enough to accommodate those without one if need be.
- You are encouraged to bring your own self-contained portable easels.
- Our plein air painting workshops require you to bring your own portable easel. However, studio workshops are more flexible.
Will your pool be available during the workshop?
- YES! Although our seasonal swimming pool is reserved for guests of Wildflower Ranch Inn, we also extend the usage to our workshop attendees during the workshop. Its very nice to take a dip in the pool and relax after a long workshop day.
Where should I stay in Springfield or Lebanon?
- Wildflower Ranch Inn (859) 481-4576 • Located on the same property as The Art Distillery and is owned and operated by Rich Brimer & Carol Henry. Art workshop students who reserve a 4-night minimum during any workshop will receive a 25% discount when booking. We have a limited supply of accommodations for our workshops students. If you wish to book a room with us, please contact us as soon as possible to reserve your space. A non-refundable 50% deposit is required when booking your room.
- The area has some hotels and comfy inns. Below are some options to stay near our studio.
Do I need to rent a car?
- Depending on whether or not you are signed up for a plein air workshop, or where you are staying will determine if you need a vehicle.
- Some workshops will sometimes travel down the Big Sur coastline or into Carmel Valley. You can usually arrange a ride with someone from the workshop.
- If you want to wander around the area when the workshops are not in session, it may be a good idea to rent a car if you are enrolled in one of these workshops.
How do I fly with paints and other art supplies? AIRLINE OIL PAINT NOTICE
- We recommend that you place your paint tubes in a large ziplock bag with the Airline Notice. (Download Airline Notice HERE)
- You may want to check the TSA website if you are unsure about flying with your materials.
- Flying with odorless mineral spirits is prohibited, but for a small fee, we offer Gamblin’s Gamsol for those who need it. All you need is your empty solvent can.
TRAVEL & LOGISTICS
Lebanon-Springfield Airport ONLY 1.8 miles from The Art Distillery.
Muhammad Ali International Airport (SDF) 58 miles from The Art Distillery.
Blue Grass Airport (LEX) 57 miles from The Art Distillery.
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) 136 miles from The Art Distillery.
Nashville International Airport (BNA) 163 miles from The Art Distillery.