What supplies will I need for my class/workshop?
- Listed under the workshop page on The Art Distillery website is our upcoming workshop lineup. Each workshop has its own supplies list readily available in a flyout menu.
Does The Art Distillery sell art supplies?
- Yes, we have a small selection of art supplies for those last-minute needs. Most of the time we are stocked with a variety of canvas panels, charcoal, newsprint pads, Permalba white oil paint, and coming soon…Gamblin’s Gamsol and Solvent-Free Gel. In addition, we do sell individual folding metal easels that work well for plein air painting if you have a palette holder.
What is The Art Distillery’s cancellation policy for workshops?
- After 48 hours, your workshop deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel within 30 days of a workshop, your entire paid fees are non-refundable. All policies are listed online at https://www.theartdistillery.com/policies/
Is The Art Distillery equipped with WiFi?
- Yes, please feel free to bring a mobile device with you to the studio. Our WiFi is password protected, please ask a staff member for the password.
Do I need to bring my own easel to the workshop?
- The Art Distillery has about a dozen studio easels, enough to accommodate those without one if need be.
- You are encouraged to bring your own self-contained portable easels.
- Our plein air painting workshops require you to bring your own portable easel. However, studio workshops are more flexible.
Will your pool be available during the workshop?
- YES! Although our seasonal swimming pool is reserved for guests of Wildflower Ranch Inn, we also extend the usage to our workshop attendees during the workshop. It’s very nice to take a dip in the pool and relax after a long workshop day. (May 1 – Sept 30 each year)
Where should I stay in Springfield or Lebanon?
- Wildflower Ranch Inn (859) 481-4576 • Located on the same property as The Art Distillery and is owned and operated by Rich Brimer & Carol Henry. Art workshop students who reserve a 4-night minimum during any workshop will receive a 25% discount when booking. We have a limited supply of accommodations for our workshops students. If you wish to book a room with us, please contact us as soon as possible to reserve your space. A non-refundable 50% deposit is required when booking your room.
- The area has some hotels and comfy inns. Below are some options to stay near our studio.
- AIRBNB has a few offerings around the area. They vary in price depending on the location.
- Hampton Inn • (270) 699-4000 • 1125 Loretto Rd, Lebanon, KY 40033. Mention The Art Distillery to receive our corporate discount.
- Maple Hill Manor
Do I need to rent a car?
- Depending on whether or not you are signed up for a plein air workshop, or where you are staying will determine if you need a vehicle.
- If you are staying at Wildflower Ranch Inn during the workshop, you can arrange a ride with someone from the workshop.
- If you want to wander around the area when the workshops are not in session, it may be a good idea to rent a car if you are enrolled in one of these workshops.
How do I fly with paints and other art supplies? AIRLINE OIL PAINT NOTICE
- We recommend that you place your paint tubes in a large ziplock bag with the Airline Notice. (Download Airline Notice HERE)
- You may want to check the TSA website if you are unsure about flying with your materials.
- Flying with odorless mineral spirits is prohibited, but for a small fee, we offer Gamblin’s Gamsol for those who need it. All you need is your empty solvent can.
TRAVEL & LOGISTICS
Lebanon-Springfield Airport is ONLY 1.8 miles from The Art Distillery.
Our local airport is only 750 meters across a wheat field and up a slope from us. If you have your own small plane, this will be your destination. This is a public use airport in Washington County, Kentucky, United States. It is located three nautical miles south of Springfield and north of Lebanon. The airport is owned by Marion and Washington Counties
Muhammad Ali International Airport (SDF) 58 miles from The Art Distillery.
This civil-military airport in Louisville is in Jefferson County, Kentucky. The airport covers 1,500 acres and has three runways. Its IATA airport code, SDF, is based on the airport’s former name, Standiford Field.
Click for driving directions: 600 Terminal Dr, Louisville, KY 40209
Blue Grass Airport (LEX) 57 miles from The Art Distillery.
This is a public airport in Fayette County, Kentucky. Located among world-renowned horse farms and situated directly across from Keeneland Race Course, Blue Grass Airport is the primary airport serving central and eastern Kentucky.
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) 136 miles from The Art Distillery.
A public international airport located in Hebron, Kentucky, United States. It serves the Greater Cincinnati metropolitan area. The airport’s code, CVG, comes from the nearest city at the time of its opening, Covington, Kentucky. CVG covers an area of 7,000 acres
Click for driving directions: 3087 Terminal Dr, Hebron, KY 41048
Nashville International Airport (BNA) 163 miles from The Art Distillery.
This is a public/military airport in the southeastern section of Nashville, Tennessee. Established in 1937, its original name was Berry Field, from which its ICAO and IATA identifiers are derived. The current terminal was built in 1987, and the airport took its current name in 1988.