Rich Brimer is a painter, printmaker, and photographer. Carol Henry is a fine art photographer and painter.
Together they’ve combined their efforts for over 12 years in making art magic.
Originally at Studio Channel Islands in Southern California and then in 2013 opening our own art center and gallery in Carmel, California called Carmel Visual Arts. There—Rich developed Carmel Visual Arts into a workshop destination that has facilitated over 100 workshops with dozens of world-renowned artist instructors.
Carol organized and curated over 18 exhibitions in the Carmel Visual Arts gallery with notable artists and started a group for women photographers on the west coast. As well as acting as gallery director at Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur.
- In late 2019, we purchased a 150-year-old house outside Springfield, KY to develop an art retreat and workshop destination called The Art Distillery. Our vision also includes music, literature, and performance.
- We opened a luxurious Bed & Breakfast called Wildflower Ranch Inn.
- The Covid pandemic occurred just 2 short months into our endeavor, presenting us with what we first experienced as stressful challenges but in hindsight opened us up to some real opportunities.
- We had developed a 2019 workshop schedule with both past instructors from California including a distinguished painter from Lexington named Kathleen Hudson. We ended up having to postpone or cancel all of them as people just couldn’t gather or travel.
With the vaccine, life is returning and people want to venture out and travel and experience things that enhance their lives!
- In 2021, we have two workshops scheduled at The Art Distillery.
- Carol Henry will lead a workshop called Women’s Ordinary Magic in September 2021, a photography workshop that focuses on inspiring and expanding the artistic eye and inspiration which women photographers have.
- William Wray will be with us in October 2021. Using the industrial landscape he deconstructs and interprets subjects into an interesting palette on canvas. He is also a cultural influencer and icon of animation.
- Carol is going to be curating two exhibitions affiliated with Louisville Photo Biennial. One at the Springfield Opera House of historic
photographer Imogen Cunningham. And one of her own work at Wildflower Ranch Inn’s Gallery. Both open on September 9th.
- Rich returns to California often to host coastal plein air workshops in Carmel. Many still have open spaces and you can register online at carmelvisualarts.com